Guidelines for Prayer.
A prayer is empowered by
meaning what you pray for,
and praying for what you mean by Heart.
The expression of prayer may
come in countless ways.
Dare to listen to your intuition and be creative.
Never doubt your Heart of Hearts (inner voice).
It is significantly important
to keep your prayer free of selfish demand.
Preliminary to any way of
Make a strong focus of what you wish to direct your prayer to.
Visualize your intention, and do not bother with the outcome of your
Your prayer will be heard by the Universe (God-Consciousness) in
Set yourself comfortably and really take a sacred moment.
Some suggestions for prayer:
1. You may use a prewritten prayer, mantra, song or poem that you
love very much.
Speaking or singing spontaneously, in your own way, can be very
Speak or sing outwardly, in a whisper or inwardly.
Put your hands together in prayer, or on your heart.
2. Lit a candle with your sacred intention. You may wish to
use some incense and make a little altar with items that
are precious for you and/or the person or situation that you pray
3. Go outside at Full Moon…. breathe your prayer into infinite space.
Feel your heartbeat and connect it to the universal heartbeat.
Intend that your prayer may be showering like the moonlight shines
over all beings.
4. Ask for a sign: your attention may be attracted by a passing bird…
a sound… a colour… a Sun-ray… and let your prayer be transported by
5. Use a drum as a vehicle to your prayer’s route. Let the drumbeat
speak without manipulating its rhythm. The rhythm will “speak its
own language” from your heart.
6. Write your prayer on a piece of paper. Make a fire and burn it.
The smoke will carry your prayer to its rightful destination.
7. Imagine yourself sitting on a lotus flower seat…. imagine the
seat on top of a
mountain. Now bring the target of your prayer into the image.
Breathe in deeply the
negativity – and breathe out pure and positive energy towards your
focus of prayer.
This is a way of praying that is especially powerful when you have a
hard time with
someone. Make that person the focus of the alchemy that is occurring
in this way.
8. Gratitude is a powerful quality for opening the heart in prayer.
Make a list of what you are grateful for, and feel the compassion
for our mistakes and the mistakes of others… and smile. A smile in
compassion is very healing for all and invokes a natural forgiveness.
9. Make any ritual/ceremony of any kind as long as the intention is
an intention in love. You may want to make group-prayers, like a
circle of people that bring their prayers in a central fire.
Sing and Dance…. and your prayer will be heard by all.
May we all live in Peace, Peace,